Moving Forward on Sustainability
The SDVI commitment to sustainability is real and measurable!
Sustainability has always been a core tenet of SDVI. We have a responsibility – to the environment and to our customers – to ensure that we operate every aspect of our business in a sustainable manner. Since its founding, the company has been ‘distributed by design’, eliminating much of the carbon footprint traditionally associated with getting to and being in an office environment. Today we’re taking commitment further.
By 2023, SDVI will operate as a completely sustainable, net-zero business.
We’ve committed to accounting for and offsetting the emissions associated with running our business, as well as the emissions associated with the supply chains that our customers on our platform, by the end of 2022.
SDVI Approach to Sustainability
The SDVI Corporate Sustainability Policy was implemented on January 1st, 2022. It included a one-time look back offsetting the carbon footprint in 2021 associated with operating the Rally platform for customers. The policy remains in effect indefinitely. SDVI is working to achieve net zero carbon emissions as soon as possible, and no later than December 31st, 2022.
Our goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2023 will be accomplished in two phases:
Effective January 1, 2022
- SDVI collects, reports, and offsets the carbon footprint associated with providing the Rally service to its customers, including the operation of application services (providers) under Rally management.
- SDVI reviews, reports, and offsets the carbon footprint associated with customer usage of the Rally service on an annual basis.
- SDVI monitors and offsets the carbon footprint of all business-related travel.
By end of 2022
- SDVI will calculate, report, and offset the carbon footprint associated with the company’s Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions.
- SDVI will provide regular reporting of the carbon footprint associated with operating Rally to each customer, along with evidence of the SDVI-sponsored carbon offsets.
Learn more about scopes of emissions and the GHG Protocol Corporate Standard
Reporting on Emissions and Offsets
As part of our commitment to tangible, verifiable sustainability practices, SDVI has set the following standards for accounting and reporting on the company’s carbon footprint.
Offsetting Carbon Emissions
SDVI will calculate the CO2 emissions from all business activities on a quarterly basis and will offset its carbon footprint by participating in a qualified reforestation program to reduce CO2 emissions equal to what SDVI is generating.
Proof of Net-Zero
SDVI will make its accounting of all carbon emissions and the corresponding offset contributions available for audit purposes to verify the attainment of net zero emissions.
Awards & Press
NAB Excellence in Sustainability Award, Sustainability Champion, April 2023
CSI Awards’ Best Sustainability Project or Initiative, September 2022
TVB Europe Best of Show Award Winner, NAB 2022
M&E Industry Getting Serious About Sustainability, TV Tech, April 2022,
All SDVI Rally media supply chains are completely carbon neutral.
Net-Zero Supply Chains are the keystone of our sustainability commitment. Launched in 2022, the Net-Zero Supply Chain initiative makes customer usage of the Rally media supply chain platform since the beginning of 2021 completely carbon-neutral. SDVI offsets the entire carbon footprint of our customers’ Rally usage, including the use of third-party applications.